Chocolate Mud Cake recipe:
(Yang sebelum ni tertangguh...maaf ye)
Preparation time: 30 minutes +
Total cooking time: 1 hour 55 minutes
Serves : 8-14 people
250 g (9oz) unsalted butter
250 g (9 oz) dark chocolate, broken
2 tablespoon instant coffee powder
150 g (5 1/2 oz) self-raising flour
155 g (5 1/2 oz/ 1 1/3 cups) plain flour
60 g (2 1/4 oz/ 1/2 cup)unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda (baking soda)
550 g (1 lb 4 oz/ 2 1/2 cups) sugar ****saya kurangkan jadi 2 cups. ni pun rasa mcm bnyk
2 tablespoon oil
125 ml (4 fl oz/ 1/2 cup) buttermilk
Chocolate to decorate
250 g dark chocolate
125 ml pouring (whipping) cream
145 g (2/3 cup) caster sugar
1. Preheat oven 160* C (315 *F/ gas 2-3). Grease 9 inch round cake tin melted with butter.
2. Stir butter, chocolate, coffee and 3/4 cup hot water in saucepan- over low heat until melted and smooth then remove from heat.
3. Sift flours (2-2 jenis flour), cocoa powder, baking soda into large bowl.
4. Stir in sugar and make a well in the center. Add combined eggs, oil and buttermilk.
5. Using metal ,large spoon- slowly stir in dry ingredients and then the melted chocolate mixture until combine.
6. Spoon the mixture into the tin and bake for 1 hour 40 minutes or until skewer inserted into the center come out clean. cool in tin.
To make Glaze:
Stir all ingredient in saucepan over low heat until melted. Bring to boil and simmer 4-5 minutes. remove from heat and cool slightly.
Pour the glaze over the cake.
Source: BAKING a commonsense guide book